Contact Us for a Free Consultation 952-800-4740


The Jensen Litigation Firm, PLLC represents businesses and individuals in land use disputes. People hire us to understand how to permissibly use their property and to fight for their rights as an owner. If you are a landowner facing use issues from a government agency or a neighboring owner, we can help. Contact us now before you lose any legal remedies.

What laws might restrict my use of land?

People are often surprised to learn about government regulations on how you use your land.  There are state laws, county ordinances, city ordinances, zoning rules, and other restrictions. While the government may not find out, if they do you will have an unwanted dispute.

What are common land use disputes in Minnesota?

Many common land use problems involve local government entities. An agency may have observed an issue or received a report from a neighbor.  The agency typically investigates and confers with their attorney. 

As a private landowner, it is important to understand your rights and defend yourself. An attorney may be beneficial before the agency takes formal action against you. If you do not remedy the claimed issues, the agency may take their own action and assess costs against your property.

Other land use issues involve neighbors. There may be water drainage issues, noise, debris, or other nuisances reducing your enjoyment of your land. If you and the other party cannot resolve the issues by agreement, you may need a litigation attorney to handle the claim.  Nuisance actions or related actions may provide you with a legal remedy in the form of a temporary restraining order or injunction.

We have the knowledge and experience to handle land use disputes. Do not hesitate to contact us if:

  • A government unit has approached you about a zoning or land use issue.
  • A government unit has taken formal action or sued you.
  • Your neighbor's use of his or her land is causing a nuisance to you.
  • Your neighbor has sued you for a land use issue.

With offices in Shakopee (Scott County) and Litchfield (Meeker County), we handle land use matters throughout the Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota. 

Contact Us Today!

It’s simple, confidential, and free.  No obligations.  Tell us about your situation and how you want it resolved.  We’ll see if we can help you.